I was gonna install Mozilla Firefox on a colleagues machine. Started Internet Explorer (argh) and typed getfirefox.com. At least that was what I thought I typed, but I accidentally typed getfireffox.com (an extra f in fox).
Landed at a page offering dating friends and Russian brides. Since I was using Internet Explorer I quickly closed the page. Installing spyware etc on a colleagues machine isn't very popular.
I started doing a little search and found this list of domains which has firefox in the domain name.
Here's a list of the most funny and interesting ones:
- antifirefox.com - Anti FireFox?! - Keep Internet Explorer! They spelled Firefox the wrong way!
- firefoxantispyware.com - Tries to launch a popup. Ha, ha!
- foxfiregirls.com - Adult contributers? Adult content at least!
- firefoxporn.com - You will only be able to view the FREE PORN on this website if you have the Firefox browser.
- fuckfirefox.com - Even Bush is smart enough to realize how much you suck.
- freefirefox.com - I thought it already was free?
- ihatefirefox.com - Nothing to see. Move on!
- telechargermozillafirefox.com - Weirdest domain of today!
Amazingly there's not a firefoxsex.com yet!
The last one is French, surely? (Well, except for the content.)
I (think) it says "downloadmozillafirefox.com", but I don't actually speak French.
Mozilla Foundation might need to send out some nasty letters... :(Comment by Mook at April 20, 2005 07:38 PM | Permalink
Don't go giving people ideas about names to buy... Just buy it yourself and point it at squarefree.com's special section :)Comment by Tom at April 20, 2005 07:41 PM | Permalink
"Look for the ridiculous in everything!"
I found it! In your domain name, telechargermozillafirefox.com!Comment by Kroc Camen at April 20, 2005 08:17 PM | Permalink
Yes, tÚlÚcharger is the verb for "to download" in French.Comment by Seth at April 21, 2005 12:56 AM | Permalink
antifirefox is even more fun, since it's a portal to browser discussions.
The other portal is named (surprise...) http://www.antiinternetexplorer.com/
'telecharger' is french for 'to download'Comment by element at April 21, 2005 02:04 PM | Permalink