LinkyLinky will increase your power to handle links. It will let you open or download all or selected links, image links and even web addresses found in the text in separate or different tabs or windows. You will just need to right click any link or web address, select the Linky menu item and choose the desired action. You can even specify what option you want to see available in the Linky menu through its preferences.
This utility is being developed in my spare time, which I dont have much of so if you like to encourage me doing more development, please consider donating some money.
What's new?Linky version 2.8.0 released!
Linky version 2.7.1 released! [5 October 2005]
- Download Linky version 2.7.1
- Fixed icon in Extension Manager
- Fixed options dialog
- Download Linky version 2.7.0
- Fixed Deer Park beta installation
- Download Linky version 2.4.0
- Better regexp to detect all top level domains
- "@mozilla.org/download;1" is now called "@mozilla.org/transfer;1". More info
- Download Linky version 2.2.0
- Added Mozilla Firefox 1.0 installation support
- Download Linky version 2.1.0
- Added Mozilla Firefox 0.9 installation support
- Download Linky version 2.0.0
- Added Download Links option. Download all links on the current page. Disabled by default.
- Added Validate Links option. Validate all links on the current page. Disabled by default.
- Added Unescape option to context menu in the Select Links dialog. Cool p0rn feature I'm told...?
- Added Match Text option to context menu in the Select Links dialog.
- Added Dont Match Text option to context menu in the Select Links dialog.
- Added Copy Links to Clipboard option to context menu in the Select Links dialog.
- The Select Links dialog pref is now per default set to 0 meaning always show.
- New screenshots
- Download Linky version 1.7.1
- Linky menuitem moved up before properties to avoid conflict with normal Windows context menu. The last menuitem on a Windows context menu is always properties.
- Better installation. Will check for dupe jar file in personal chrome folder and global chrome folder to avoid double Linky menuitem.
- Added more sorting options in Select Links dialog. Select links by text input.
- Added MPL 1.1 / GPL 2.0 / LGPL 2.1 license stuff.
- Size of Select Links window is now being remembered.
- Fixed one last use of old preference. All Linky preferences are called extensions.linky.
- If you're getting install error -239 it's not Linky's fault but bug 109044. It's fixed in the latest nightly builds of Mozilla.
- If you're getting install error -201 it's not Linky's fault but bug 204162. It's fixed in the latest nightly builds of Mozilla.
- Download Linky version 1.7.0
- Mozilla Firebird options support
- Preferences use cleanup
- Better installation. Will detect old version of Linky and offer install into the same folder.
- Optional validation support. Hidden preference "extensions.linky.developer" has to be true for menuitem to appear
- Sorting options in Select Links dialog. Right-click on the links and a context menu appears
- Translators wanted. If you would like to translate Linky into something else than English and Danish you're more than welcome to contact me
- Download Linky version 1.6.0
- Danish (da-DK) locale support
- Configurable image file types. Defaults to "jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp". Currently no GUI for this pref.
- Wording cleanup
- Linky now also works in Mail. Right-click in the body of a message and Linky is there!
- Much better "Find text links" support
- Tried to do Mozilla Firebird settings support but gave up. Dont really see a way to have one pref panel file that works in both Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird since the pref windows differ.
- More robust open tab function
- Even more configurable install.js script in their Mozilla Extensions.
- New pref names. Now uses "extensions.". The old pref "linky.showopen" is now called "extensions.linky.showopen".
- Download Linky version 1.5.0
- Complete rewrite
- Select links Dialog. Screenshot
- Preferences panel. Screenshot
- Dupe URL detecter (will remove all dupes URL's)
- Option to install into Personal Chrome folder
If you use Mozilla Firefox 0.9 or later use the Extension Manager to uninstall Linky.
If you use Mozilla 1.x you can uninstall Linky by using the Extension Uninstaller.
You can view the source for Linky online or get it with the following commands:
cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs login
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs co linky
The password is guest