Extensions I use - part 4

It's time for a updated list of my previous posting here. These are the extensions I use, not just the ones I have installed.

Firefox Extensions
  • Console2 - replaces the JavaScript Console with what could be the next generation Error Console
  • Copy URL+ - Copies to clipboard the document's URL along with the title or the selected text
  • CuteMenus - Adds icons to menus and popups
  • Inspect Element - Inspect an element with the DOM Inspector
  • InfoLister - Lists installed extensions and themes
  • Linky - Open/download/validate links and pictures in tabs or windows
  • Live HTTP headers - View HTTP headers of a page and while browsing
  • LastTab - Allows tab navigation in a most recently used manner.
  • Linkification - Converts text links into genuine, clickable links.
  • Location Navigator - Tools used to navigate up/down through the numeric portion of a location
  • Link Toolbar - A site-navigation toolbar
  • Launchy - Open links and mailto's with external applications like Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Outlook etc
  • OpenBook - Allows for customization of the Add Bookmark dialog
  • ProxyButton - ProxyButton creates a toolbar button to quickly turn proxy on and off
  • RestartFirefox - Restart Firefox with a quick access File - Menu item
  • Slashy - Fixes Windows backslash file separators in links and images
  • SessionSaver - Magically restores your last browsing session
  • Web Developer - Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools

September 26, 2005 11:15 PM | Posted in Mozilla

Ads:

Back Next

7 Comments

I see you're not using adblock anymore. Are you using usercontent.css for filtering - or something else?

Site icon Comment by Nitin at September 27, 2005 12:26 AM | Permalink

Wow - only 1 duplicate of the ones I use!

I like fireFTP, CodeEtch, Sage, Webmail Compose, Have to have bookmark synchronzer, Measure It, the web color thing.....

Site icon Comment by Bill Creswell at September 27, 2005 02:54 AM | Permalink

I miss my Statusbar clock from cosmic cat (http://www.cosmicat.com/extensions/timestatus/) which aint compatible with my 1.5 Beta 1 (nightlie branch build -->Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20050924 Firefox/1.4)

Extensions (enabled: 12, disabled: 1):

* ChatZilla 0.9.68.5.1
* Content Holder 0.2.2005042201
* Flashblock 1.3.3
* Forecastfox 0.8.2.1
* InfoLister 0.9b
* MR Tech About:About 1.2.3
* Reporter 1.8b5
* Restart Firefox 0.3.1
* Tabbrowser Extensions 1.14.2005092501
* Tabbrowser Extensions:Tab Numbering Module 1.0.2004111201 (disabled)
* Talkback 1.4
* Text Link 1.3.2005070402
* Translate 0.6.0.8

__________________________________

I find Flashblock, TBE and content holder to be the most useful extensions.......

Comment by Peaks [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 27, 2005 08:46 AM | Permalink

You should take a look at http://hashcolouredtabs.mozdev.org/.

Comment by Vidar Braut Haarr at September 27, 2005 09:42 AM | Permalink

Vidar, check out Tabbrowser Extensions at http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en
it got the same coloring opportunities.

Its a big extension offering almost everything you'll find at mozilla update in the Firefox Extensions Tabbed Browsing section, lol, its true. The most awsome extenison ever. And it runs very smooth......even with nightlies. And i've just added restart firefox + testing download statusbar.....

Comment by Peaks [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 27, 2005 10:44 AM | Permalink

Ya know, this is what makes FF great. I love Opera, for it's speed, and gui, but the flexibility of FF and it's extensions makes it indispensible! It's a different browser for everyone!

Site icon Comment by Bill Creswell at September 27, 2005 12:01 PM | Permalink

Try the html validator based on Tidy. It validates all pages you browse to, including those on your private network!

Site icon Comment by Bo Frederiksen at September 29, 2005 02:48 PM | Permalink